New article from Karen Rain and Jubilee Cooke in Yoga International on how to respond to sexual abuse within a yoga or spiritual community. The article also covers
- How a Community Can Begin to Address and Prevent Sexual Violence
The need to seek education from experts outside of the community and to learn about sexual violence.
To talk in a way that supports survivors and does not cause further trauma or perpetuate rape culture.
Understanding and addressing shortcomings of one’s organization.
The need to design policies and practices that help prevent further sexual abuse.
For article please go to
- Sharath: Latest Response – an analysis - July 14, 2019
- An Apology of Sorts from Sharath Jois - July 13, 2019
- Apology to the Victims of Pattabhi Jois Sexual Assault - July 6, 2019
- Did KP Jois Invent Ashtanga Yoga? - June 29, 2019
- How to Respond to Sexual Abuse Within a Yoga or Spiritual Community - June 22, 2019
- Thriving after Addiction podcast with Gregor - June 8, 2019
- Self-Reliance – A Homage to Emerson - June 1, 2019
- Review of Matthew Remski’s Do Your Practice - May 25, 2019
- Gregor on Ashtanga Dispatch - March 16, 2019
- Ashtanga Parampara or Brand? - March 7, 2019